5 Reasons Why Summer Never Ends in Myrtle Beach
As August is getting underway, many are taking their last-minute summer vacations. Didn’t plan yours yet? No fear! Summer really extends into fall here in Myrtle Beach. So, if you are able to get off work during September or October, why not make a trip to Myrtle Beach? Rates may fall but the temps stay warm enough for oceanfront beach fun!
Check out our 5 reasons why summer never ends in Myrtle Beach:
1. Weather: The early fall weather in Myrtle Beach can be described in one word: Amazing. While northern states may be experiencing crisper weather, Myrtle Beach stays quite nice. September highs are still in the low 80s and October highs generally stick to the 70s. At night, average temps usually don’t dip below the high 60s in September, making for perfect weather to enjoy the beach, the pool and the town.
2. Attractions & Shopping: Even though summer is over, many Myrtle Beach attractions and shopping districts remain open in the fall. For example, Ripley’s Aquarium, Broadway at the Beach, The Market Common, WonderWorks and many other places don’t shut their doors just because summer is over. Often, this means shorter lines and more freedom to browse stores if you are looking to shop without the crowds of summer.
3. Beach: Of course, the beach remains open all year long! During the fall it is often less crowded, so you can spread out in the sand, have a drink and play some games with your friends without having to worry about being too close to the people next to you. Also, if you enjoy collecting shells on the beach, there are less people out looking for them, making it easier to find cool ones to take home with you!
4. Festivals and Events: While the regularly scheduled summer events tend to end around Labor Day Weekend, the fall season is abound with festivals and fun events. In October you can head down to Murrells Inlet for their annual Chili Cookoff and taste a variety of chili while enjoying ice cold beer from New South and local music with views of the marsh. Or, if you are a motorcyclist, you can come down September 26 through October 5 for the Fall Bike Week Rally. These are just two examples of the fun fall festivals that take place in the area. Check out our Myrtle Beach events calendar to see more!
5. Pools: The outdoor pool at hotel BLUE is the place to be seen! With the swim-up pool bar open during the fall based on weather and occupancy and the large outdoor pool open year-round (although not heated all year), enjoying a dip in the pool is possible during the fall! Plus, the indoor lazy river, outdoor hot tub, and the indoor pools at Captain’s Quarters remain open all year for your enjoyment.
Ready to think about taking a fall vacation to Myrtle Beach? Click here to check out our Hot Rates special!
Leave a Reply
Bicycle Riding in Myrtle BeachRead more
testimonials what our guests say
We are in love with this place!- Rebecca S
The pool bar was great, the location is awesome and view from our room was beautiful.- reeree014
The pool was fabulous with the swim up bar and the bartenders were great!- Shar B
There is no better place to spend your vacation!- Sherry H
Best Myrtle Beach resort!- Christian M
Awesome service, great rooms, great location!- mcgillicuddy6