How to Get Home After a Night Out On the Town in Myrtle Beach
So you are staying at hotel BLUE and want to go out for a night on the town? We want to make sure all of our guests get back safely to their room for a good night’s sleep after being out. We here at hotel BLUE are against drinking and driving but we are not against having fun on vacation! There’s plenty of ways to get back home safe and sound. Here’s our top 5 list of transportation ideas for a night out in Myrtle Beach:
1. Walk: Why not head over to Loco Gecko for the night? Located just a block away, you can spend the evening sipping on a cocktail or drinking a beer while listening to live music with views of the ocean. Plus when the night is over you can easily walk back to your room.
2. Take a Cab: Call up Rockstar Cab at 843-907-3249 and let them be your designated driver service. They’ll make sure you get back safely, plus with your VMB Card you will get 20% off your ride home. Be sure to put Rockstar Cab in your speed dial so you will always have them when you need them!
3. Hop on the Bus: If you don’t plan on being out too late, hop on the Myrtle Beach Entertainment Express. The bus runs until 11 p.m. nightly until Labor Day then on the weekends after Labor Day. This bus can get you close to home if you choose to go to Broadway at the Beach where the nightlife is always hot in Celebrity Square. Plus there is no charge to ride this shuttle! The shuttle’s closest stop is the south end of the boardwalk, which is about a mile walk from hotel BLUE.
4. Designate Driver: Choose a designated driver in the group. If you plan to go out multiple times during your stay at our south Myrtle Beach resort, then try having a different person volunteer for this each time. Some bars will offer up free sodas to the designated drivers in the group, so just ask to see if they have anything special for the DD’s! Plus, the sober ones in the group can help you from embarrassing yourself too much…
5. Scoot Home: Sober Scoot Designated Drivers offer a unique service to get you back to your resort without having to leave your car. Arriving on a scooter, the Sober Scoot driver will meet you at your car where they will then proceed to fold up their scooter (yes they make special ones like that!) and will drive you to your final destination in your car (don’t worry, they are insured). After they deliver you and your car, they hop back on their scooter and leave! Their services are especially useful when you don’t want to have to worry about leaving your car somewhere overnight, especially if it is in an area where you have to pay to park or that doesn’t allow overnight parking. So put their number in your phone so you will be ready next time you need them: 843-215-SCOOT(7266). They are available from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m.