Guide to Oktoberfest in Myrtle Beach
Now that we are moving out of the summer season, local venues are gearing up to host their 2014 Oktoberfests. Myrtle Beach is the perfect place to enjoy the yearly tradition of Oktoberfest! Be sure to put these upcoming festivals on your calendar:
Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery: Want to celebrate Oktoberfest at a local restaurant? Check out Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery’s Oktoberfest on Sept. 19 and 20. They’ll have their Oktoberfest beer on tap for just $2.75 a pint, as well as beer and food specials. If you are there on Friday evening, you will be able to catch some great live music from 6 to 9 p.m. Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery is located at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.
Oktoberfest Kick Off Party: Head on up to Barefoot Landing on September 20 to get started with your Oktoberfest fun before October even rolls in. Castano’s Italian Steakhouse is the site of the Oktoberfest Kickoff Party beginning at 4 p.m. They will have a variety of German menu items available (even though they traditionally serve Italian items) including German beers, bratwursts, Jager Schnitzel, and Bavarian pretzels, plus there will be fun party favors, Oktoberfest trivia, German music, and more!
7th Annual Oktoberfest: The Market Common in Myrtle Beach will be hosting the 7th Annual Oktoberfest on the weekend of October 3rd. Valor Park will be the setting for this annual event which draws both locals and visitors alike. The park will be filled with games, German food, a variety of vendors and of course, beer! On Friday the event will run from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. and on Saturday it will run from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Additional activities will include a pumpkin patch, face painting and the self-proclaimed largest choice of Oktoberfest beers. A variety of German and fall beers will be available for purchase in both the bottle and on draft, such as Becks Oktoberfest, Terrapin Pumpkin, Highland Clawhammer and New South Oktoberfest. So, be sure to check out The Market Common Oktoberfest during your Myrtle Beach vacation for a fun time and unique fall beer experience.
Downtown Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest 2014: Downtown Myrtle Beach will be the host of the October 11th Oktoberfest beginning at noon. Join this annual party with views of the ocean and enjoy the sounds of live music from various local bands. Stroll the festival area while enjoying cold and refreshing fall beers. So, head on down to Ocean Boulevard near 9th Avenue North for the Downtown Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest and hang out at the beer garden, listen to live music or take your kids to the non-alcohol zone where inflatable attractions will be set up. Admission to the festival is free.
Inaugural North Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest: The first ever Oktoberfest to be held at the new North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex will be held on October 11 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Being the first Oktoberfest here, it is sure to be a big hit. The fest will include live German music, delicious German food, a variety of vendors, tasty Oktoberfest beers and so much more. Be sure to check it out for a good time!
Looking to grab an Oktoberfest beer while in Myrtle Beach beyond these festivals? Check out these local hot spots during your Oktoberfest Myrtle Beach vacation:
• New South Brewing now has their Oktoberfest on tap through November. Try out this 6.1% ABV beer while taking a tour or fill up a growler before heading home.
• Piggly Wiggly at The Market Common has a variety of beers on tap at any given time and chances are at least one is a fall brew. In addition they have a variety of bottled craft beers for purchase and most recently had beers such as Cisco Pumple Drumpkin, Aviator Pumpkin Beast, Sam Adams Double Pumpkin Ale and Avery The Kaiser Imperial Oktoberfest.
• Gordon Biersch recently tapped into their Oktoberfest beer: FestBier. In the meantime, enjoy their own great German-inspired beers on tap including Hefeweizen and Marzen and pair them with a German appetizer: mini bratwursts on pretzel buns.
• Mellow Mushroom, located near the Pelican’s baseball stadium, has a large variety of craft beers on tap at any given time. They currently are serving up a variety of fall beers, so be sure to check them out if you are looking for a large variety of choices!
• Bully’s Pub and Grill, located at Barefoot Landing, currently has Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Woodchuck Hard Cider and Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale on tap.
Where have you found the best fall beers in Myrtle Beach? Comment below!
*Check with these local Myrtle Beach bars and restaurants to see what they currently have in stock and on tap as seasonal brews can be limited
Leave a Reply
Myrtle Beach Area Wineries and BreweriesRead more
Top Nearby Places to visit in Myrtle Beach for Craft BeerRead more
Top Halloween Parties in Myrtle BeachRead more
testimonials what our guests say
Awesome service, great rooms, great location!- mcgillicuddy6
The pool bar was great, the location is awesome and view from our room was beautiful.- reeree014
We are in love with this place!- Rebecca S
Best Myrtle Beach resort!- Christian M
The pool was fabulous with the swim up bar and the bartenders were great!- Shar B
There is no better place to spend your vacation!- Sherry H