Guide to Oktoberfest in Myrtle Beach
Now that we are moving out of the summer season, local venues are gearing up to host their Oktoberfests. Myrtle Beach is the perfect place to enjoy the yearly tradition of Oktoberfest.
6th Annual Oktoberfest: The Market Common in Myrtle Beach will be hosting the 6th Annual Oktoberfest on the weekend of October 4th. Valor Park will be the setting for this annual event which draws both locals and visitors alike. Their festival will include a variety of activities for the young and old. The park will be filled with sounds and tastes of the German nature as well as more American activities such as inflatable children’s games and face painting as well as a pumpkin patch for the kids. A variety of German beers will be available for purchase in both the bottle and draft, such as Weihenstephan Oktoberfest, Southern Tier Pumpking, Angry Orchard Cider and New South Oktoberfest. So, be sure to check out The Market Common Oktoberfest during your Myrtle Beach vacation for a fun time and fall beer experience.
Downtown Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest 2013: Downtown Myrtle Beach will be the host of the October 12th Oktoberfest from noon until midnight. Join this party in the streets and enjoy the sounds of live music from various bands including Cowboy Mouth, American Aquarium, Passafire, Who Shot JR and Broken Strings. Stroll down the street while enjoying fall beers such as Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat, New Belgium Hoptober Golden Ale and Beck’s Oktoberfest. So head on down to Ocean Boulevard for the Downtown Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest and hang out at the beer garden, listen to live music or take your kids to the non-alcohol zone where inflatable attractions will be set up. Admission to the festival is free.
Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery: Want to celebrate Oktoberfest at a local restaurant? Check out Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery’s Oktoberfest on Sept. 28 and 29. They’ll have their Oktoberfest beer on tap as wells as beer and food specials. Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery is located at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.
Looking to grab an Oktoberfest beer while in Myrtle Beach beyond these festivals? Check out these local brews during your Oktoberfest Myrtle Beach vacation:
• New South Brewing now has their Oktoberfest on tap. Try it out while taking a tour or fill up a growler before heading home.
• Piggly Wiggly at The Market Common has a variety of beers on tap at any given time and chances are at least one is of the Oktoberfest brew. In addition they have a variety of bottled craft beers for purchase and most recently had beers such as Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung Ipa and Anderson Valley Fall Hornin' available.
• Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery currently has their Oktoberfest Beer on tap.
• Gordon Biersch will be tapping into their Oktoberfest beer, named Festbier, on Sept. 10, plus they always have their own great German-inspired beers on tap including Hefeweizen and Marzen.
• TBonz Gill and Grille often carries a variety of beers including seasonal beers. Check them out next time you are in town to see if they are carrying an Oktoberfest brew!
• Liberty Tap Room in Myrtle Beach often carries the seasonal versions of Sam Adams and New Belgium, so you can bet they will likely carry their fall beers.
• Mellow Mushroom, located near the Pelican’s baseball stadium, has a large variety of craft beers on tap at any given time. They currently are serving up a variety of fall beers including New Belgium’s Pumpkick and Southern Tier Breweing Company’s Pumpking.
• Crafty Rooster, located in Conway, will soon add Southern Tier Pumpking to their draft beer list as well bottles of Foothills Oktoberfest, Blue Moon Pumpkin Harvest and Anderson Valley Fall Hornin’.
• Bully’s Pub and Grill, located at Barefoot Landing, currently has New Belgium’s Pumpkick and Southern Tier Pumpking on tap.
*Check with these local Myrtle Beach bars and restaurants to see what they currently have in stock and on tap as seasonal brews can be limited