hotel BLUE MB blog< Back to View All Blogs
Accommodations Spotlight: Which room type is best for me?hotel BLUE offers a variety of room types to choose from. From suites to efficiencies to rooms, you may wonder, “Which room type is best for me?”
Well, it really depends what you are looking for in your Myrtle Beach accommodations. We’ve broken it down to help you discover which room type is best for your next vacation.
We will help you decide whether you will want to book a room, an efficiency or suite!
- Are you traveling as a couple or with one other friend, no more than four people?
- Are you looking for the most affordable option?
- Do you plan to spend most of your time outside of the room including for meals?
If you answered yes to these questions then booking a basic room is probably best for you.
Rooms at hotel BLUE are smaller than the other unit types but are great for those who don’t plan to spend a lot of time in their room. If you plan to spend most of your vacation by the beach or pool or out on the town and don’t need a kitchen for cooking meals, then you are best off choosing a room, which come with either a king bed or two double beds, depending on the one you book. The king units can sleep up to two while the maximum occupancy for two beds is four.
Think of the size of a typical hotel room -- rooms offer one or two beds and a bathroom – all you need for a beach getaway! Plus, they come with a mini fridge and microwave for all of your basic needs. Rooms are great for couples traveling together or a couple of friends looking to take an inexpensive vacation.
- Do you plan to cook while on vacation?
- Is having a kitchen important to you?
- Are you ok not having a separate bedroom?
- Will you have four or less people staying in your unit?
If you answered yes to these questions an efficiency may be your best bet.
Efficiencies are great for guests who want a small kitchen, to perhaps cook a meal or two in, but don’t need a lot of space for cooking. These units come with one or two beds which are located in the same area as the kitchen. Think of a basic room with an added efficiency kitchen! Our efficiencies can sleep up to two for units with one bed and up to four in units with two beds.
- Do you plan to visit with more than a couple of people?
- Is having a lot of space important to you?
- Do you plan to cook on vacation?
If you answered yes to these questions then you will want to book a suite for your Myrtle Beach vacation.
Suites are great if you are traveling with a group of friends or family and need more space than a room or efficiency might offer. The bedroom is separate from the living room and kitchen area, offering more room to spread out. Most suites also come with a wall bed or pull-out sofa in the living room for additional sleeping space and some units even come with both. Plus, suites have a full kitchen so you can easily cook up some group meals or have room to make some tasty cocktails after a day at the beach. The maximum occupancy for suites is six people.
Three views are available at hotel BLUE and you will choose your view type when booking. Below are the various view options.
- Do you want to be close to the action?
- Are you going to spend a lot of your vacation at the pool?
- Do you want to be able to get to the pooldeck from your room?
- Are you looking to book a room with a king bed or an efficiency with two double beds?
If you answered yes then a poolside unit is probably your best choice!
Poolside units are great for those who want to party on their deck and be able to easily step out onto the pool deck with direct access. These are located on the ground floor and are available in two accommodation types: Poolside Efficiency and Oceanfront King 1st Floor.
- Are you ok with a partial or side view of the ocean?
- Are you looking to save a little money?
- Are you not looking to book a room or suite?
If you answered yes then you may want to book an ocean view unit.
Ocean view units are located on the side of the building and offer a partial view of the ocean. These are generally less expensive than oceanfront and are great for those not planning to spend a lot of time in their unit or who are traveling on a budget. This view comes in both suite and room options but not for efficiencies.
- Do you love staring at the ocean?
- Are you planning on watching the sunrise during your vacation?
Oceanfront units are located on the front of the building and directly face the ocean. These offer the best views (especially of morning sunrises) and is great for people watching too as you can get a clear view of the pool deck. Oceanfront is available for select rooms, efficiencies and one type of suite—the Oceanfront Two Bedroom Suite, which both an oceanfront and ocean view balcony.
Accommodation Picker Overview
Still not sure which accommodation type to pick? Check out our easy guide below!
1. How many people are going to be staying in the unit?
- 1-2: You can book any unit type but a room may be the cheapest option.
- 3-4: You can book any unit type. If booking a room/efficiency it will need two beds.
- 5-6: You can book a suite.
- No: Room.
- Yes: Suite or Efficiency.
3. What type of view?
- Poolside: Available for Poolside Efficiency and Oceanfront King 1st Floor only.
- Ocean View: Available for select rooms and most suites.
- Oceanfront: Available for select rooms, select efficiencies and one type of suite.
Want to explore our accommodations further? Check out all of our unit types here! And remember, when you search the correct amount of adults and children for your stay dates, only the available units for your group size will display, making your decision even easier!