hotel BLUE MB blog< Back to View All Blogs
Top Nearby Myrtle Beach Summer FestivalsSummer is a wonderful time to visit Myrtle Beach. Beyond the warm weather, sunny beaches and endless fun, summer is also the time of year for fun festivals all over the Grand Strand. If you want to do something fun while on your Myrtle Beach vacation outside of the hotel, check out these top summer festivals:
Sun Fun Festival | June 3 – 5, 2016
A downtown Myrtle Beach festival, the Sun Fun Festival is making a return for 2016. It will include live entertainment, shag lessons, kids’ activities and a parade. Additional activities include a sandcastle building contest, bocce ball, crafts, photo booths, face painting and more.
Also held the first weekend of June in this area of Myrtle Beach is the Native Sons SALT Games on June 4 and 5 featuring a kids’ run, paddleboard race, skateboard contest, volleyball tournament, yoga and more.
Carolina Country Music Fest | June 10 – 12, 2016
If you love country music you will want to check out this second annual Myrtle Beach festival taking place oceanfront, just a short drive north of hotel BLUE near the Boardwalk. It will be three days filled with music and fun featuring Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Florida Georgia Line and more! There will also be a Thursday night kick-off concert, which is included if you purchase VIP tickets. Plus, as a guest at hotel BLUE you can get discounted tickets. Learn more by visiting our festival page.
Mustang Week | July 18 – 24, 2016
Great for Mustang drivers and admirers alike, the annual Mustang Week will take place in July. It is free to attend for spectators, but registration is required for participants and is so popular that it is already sold out. Activities during the week will include, but are not limited to:
- July 19, Autocross Driving School at the Myrtle Beach Speedway from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- July 20, Burn-out Contest at the Speedway at 6 p.m.
- July 21, Dyno Challenge at Myrtle Beach Mall from 9 a.m. to noon
- July 22, Mustang Week Car Show at the Myrtle Beach Mall beginning with check-in beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- July 23, 2016 Mustang and SVT Cruise-In at the Myrtle Beach Mall from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Craftsmen’s Classic Art & Craft Festival | July 29 – 31, 2016
The Myrtle Beach Convention Center is the host location for this annual arts and crafts festival. View work that will be on display from hundreds of artists and craftspeople. The three-day event will also feature live demos and will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. 2016 entry prices are TBA.
Hot Summer Nights | Ongoing
This ongoing summer Boardwalk schedule often draws many crowds looking for a fun outdoor activity during the summer. Better yet, these special events are usually free to attend so you don’t have to break into your wallet to have fun. Highlights include:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays in June, live music at Plyler Park beginning at 8 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursday nights in July and August, live music at Plyler Park beginning at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday nights this summer will feature a DJ and Karaoke at 9th Avenue North
- Weekly Fireworks will take place at 10 p.m. by the Boardwalk on:
- June 4, 8, 15, 22, 29
- July 4, 13, 20, 27
- August 3, 10, 17
- Saturdays in July and August will feature an outdoor movie each week at Plyler Park
Broadway at the Beach Hot Summer Nights | Ongoing
Throughout the summer you can also enjoy fun activities and special events at nearby Broadway at the Beach. Activities vary by day and include such things as family-friendly entertainment, face painting, strolling entertainers, comedians and more. Fireworks are also on the schedule this summer and take place at 10 p.m. on June 7, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28; July 1, 4, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29; August 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 23, 30 and September 4.
Market Common Summer Activities | Ongoing
The Market Common, just a short drive from hotel BLUE, will be featuring various activities this summer including a farmers market, movies, outdoor music and more. Highlights include:
- Farmers Market, June 4 – September 24 on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Complimentary Carriage Rides, June 7 – August 16 on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Movies Under The Stars, June 3 – August 26 on Fridays at dusk (except no movie 8/5)
Start planning your summer vacation today to be able to take advantage of these fun summertime festivals and events!