Guide to Visiting Myrtle Beach Without a Car
Are you planning to fly to Myrtle Beach and are not sure if you need to rent a car? Well, we have compiled a guide to visiting Myrtle Beach without a car so you can decide if going car-less during your vacation is right for you!
Myrtle Beach International Airport
Our local airport is only located about 2.5 miles away from our resort. There are often cabs lined up outside of the airport ready to give travelers rides.
According to TaxiFareFinder.com, your estimated fare, including tip, will be about $12 each way with light traffic. This of course can vary but it will help you can idea of how much you may need to pay.
Another option is using the Uber app, as there are many Uber drivers operating in our area.
A third, most budget-friendly choice is the local bus route, Route 15S. See our bus section below for more information.
Getting Around Once You Are Here
Once you are at our resort if you want to get around town you have a few options.
Depending how comfortable you are with walking, there are many places nearby within walking distance such as (walk times are approximate):
- Café BLUE (serving Starbucks) & Proximity Lobby Bar – 0 minutes, it’s here!
- MIXX Swim-up Pool Bar – 0 minutes, it’s here!
- Simply BLUE Beach Shop – 0 minutes, it’s here!
- Beach – < 1 minute, it’s right outside!
- Loco Gecko Beach Shak – 1 minute walk
- Vista 9 Breakfast Restaurant at Captain’s Quarters – 4 minute walk (approx.)
- Wings – 6 minute walk
- Eagle’s Beachwear – 7 minute walk
- Family Kingdom Amusement Park – 8 minute walk
- Food Lion Grocery Store – 12 minute walk
- Giff’s Liquor – 13 minute walk
- Second Avenue Pier/South End of Boardwalk – 15 minute walk
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel – 30 minute walk
This is just a sample of all of the places you can easily walk to from hotel BLUE; there are many additional shopping and dining options nearby plus we have our fabulous on-site water amenities for you to enjoy. You can also consider renting a bicycle from a local bicycle company for the day to peddle around town.
When you check in you will receive a VMB Card. This Myrtle Beach discounts card will get you access to an array of deals including 20% off Rockstar Cab. If you want to ride around town in style you can get a deal with Limo-Scene of Myrtle Beach: Purchase 4 hours get the 5th hour FREE (Sunday - Thursday); Purchase 5 hours get the 6th hour FREE (Friday and Saturday nights).
Coast RTA is our local bus transit system. You can walk to 6th Avenue South and Kings Highway (Highway 17 Business) to board the 15 South Airport/Market Common route.
Some tips for riding the bus in Myrtle Beach:
- When boarding the bus you can pay in bills or coins (exact change). Prices are subject to change but are currently $1.50 for fixed routes, $2 for express routes and 25 cents for transfers. Up to three children under age 6 can ride at no cost with a paid adult on fare fixed routes. Students with ID are $1.25 and senior citizens and people with disabilities are 75 cents.
- If you plan on using the bus a lot during your stay, you may want to purchase a pass. These can be purchased at the Coast RTA in Conway; certain passes may be available for purchase at Piggly Wiggly on Highway 17 in Myrtle Beach. Pass prices are subject to change but are currently:
- $5 for an all-day pass with unlimited rides
- $10 for a three-day pass with unlimited rides
- $20 for a seven-day pass with unlimited rides
- $13.50 for a 10-ride pass
- If you plan on transferring you will need to ask when you are boarding the bus.
- A transfer point is available for the route by our resort at the Ivory Wilson Transfer Center.
- Coast RTA Route 15S runs every day of the week traveling from 10th Ave North to Market Common on Kings Hwy 17. You can catch a bus on this route from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (specific start and end times vary based on stop location).
- Check out the route map and times (subject to change) here.
As you can see, visiting hotel BLUE and Myrtle Beach without a car is quite doable and can be very affordable in comparison to renting a car.
When you visit our resort you can choose to stay here the whole time if you would like because we have so much to offer right on site. Learn more about our fabulous amenities here and start planning your beach getaway today!
How to Save Money on Your Myrtle Beach VacationRead more
Grocery Stores Nearby and Cooking on Vacation In Your Hotel KitchenRead more
Tips for Booking OnlineRead more
testimonials what our guests say
There is no better place to spend your vacation!- Sherry H
Awesome service, great rooms, great location!- mcgillicuddy6
The pool bar was great, the location is awesome and view from our room was beautiful.- reeree014
We are in love with this place!- Rebecca S
The pool was fabulous with the swim up bar and the bartenders were great!- Shar B
Best Myrtle Beach resort!- Christian M