Top 5 Things to Do or See in Myrtle Beach
There are many attractions to choose from when you visit Myrtle Beach. If you follow our top five, you are sure to be pleased.
1. The top thing to do of course is hit the beach! Pack your sunscreen and beach towels for a relaxing day on the beach. You can build sand castles fit for a king, or just lay your towel out and take a nap. When you get too warm you are right next to the ocean so hop in and cool yourself off! If you get hungry just walk up to Loco Gecko Beach Shak at our other building Captain’s Quarters. You can treat yourself to a refreshing strawberry daiquiri and a mouthwatering Chubby Checker Wrap right in your swim suit! Come as you are!
2. Broadway at the Beach is another must do while you are on vacation. Located between 21st and 29th avenue you can find a ton to do all in one place. I recommend you park near the Hardrock Café, because that is the peak of Celebrity Circle and that is where you will be ending your day.
There are great attractions to please all ages, from Ripley’s Believe It or Not! to the Beach Rider Jet Boat daring ride around the lagoon.
When you are ready for lunch you have many options to choose from, if you are going for something quick stop by Johnny Rockets and enjoy juicy burgers or hot dogs and if you are lucky you might see some entertainment. If you are looking for more of a sit down, hang out and have a few beverages kind of place, head down the way to Chuck and Ducks Sports Grill. They have an abundance of TVs and great food! Try the fried green beans with boom sauce, you won’t be disappointed.
Next, take your party to Celebrity Circle for some drinks and to unwind. On a hot day Fat Tuesdays is where you can cool down with a variety of potent daiquiris. Always say yes to the extra tooter!
3. First timers and Myrtle Beach veterans alike flock to the Boardwalk time and time again. Home of the Sky Wheel an enclosed ferris wheel of sorts, with twice the flight and an 360 degree view of Myrtle Beach. Walk down the street and stop into The Bowery, a Myrtle Beach landmark. The Bowery hosted super group Alabama as its’ house band from 1973 to 1980. The Bowery rocks from 11 a.m. till 4 a.m. serving drinks and food and selling unique souvenirs until you drop. There are many great places to eat, but a highlight is Pier House Restaurant, located on 2nd Avenue Pier. Pier House features an upscale menu for a great price and view you can’t beat at their open air bar!
4. Just before the Boardwalk you will find Family Kingdom and across the street is Splashes. Buy a combo pass for $36.95 and enjoy both parks. You will get all day ride passes that you can use on the same day for both parks or you can use them on different days and spend a whole day in Family Kingdom and a whole day in Splashes. Family Kingdom features 30 thrilling rides for adults and kids alike! Splashes is South Carolina’s only oceanfront water park, and has 18 attractions to keep you cool and entertained all day!
5. Medieval Times is one of a few dinner and a show options, but we personally enjoy this one the best. You will be seated in different houses according to your knight and can even chat with them after the show. Knights will fight each other to win the hand of the fair Princess Catalina. Take the show in while you eat tomato bisque soup and garlic bread, followed by chicken, spare rib and herb roasted potato, finished with a pastry of the castle.
Stop by any or all of these spots in Myrtle Beach and let your vacation reach new heights!
Related EntriesSorry, no related articles were found.
testimonials what our guests say
The pool was fabulous with the swim up bar and the bartenders were great!- Shar B
We are in love with this place!- Rebecca S
The pool bar was great, the location is awesome and view from our room was beautiful.- reeree014
There is no better place to spend your vacation!- Sherry H
Best Myrtle Beach resort!- Christian M
Awesome service, great rooms, great location!- mcgillicuddy6